I had my pre-op appointment on friday. They mostly just talked about things I already knew and gave us some recipies and how you can substitute certain food after getting the band. I start my clear liquids diet on dec 2 and I have to do that until 4 weeks after surgery. During the clear liquids diet I'm alowed to eat 3 protein shakes and as much broth, sugar free popsicles, jello, and crystal lite as i want. yummy!!! hahahaha. Since I have to start my diet a week from monday I'm eating all my favorite bad for you foods this week. So far it feels like im going to be so sick of crappy food that the liquids will sound good. Once I'm done with the clear liquids I get to move on to mushie foods! yay. this consists of a ton of beans, lentils, yogurt, etc. this lasts another 4 weeks. Then I will finally be able to eat solid foods. My only restrictions are milk and sugar. so this is what my food itenerary looks like
clear liquids: december 2nd - january 9th
Mushy foods: January 10th - february 7th
Solid foods: february 8th!!!!!!!!!
Its so strange to think that after the 2nd I won't be able to have solid foods until right before valentines day! thats crazy!!!! here is a little countdown
No comments:
Post a Comment