Sunday, April 19, 2009

on my way

so I'm doing good so far with my goal. I lost 4 pounds this week and I'm now at 227. I only have 8 or 9 pounds left to loose and I know I can do it. I still have 2.5 weeks.

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I have made some newer friends at work since having the surgery so they have no idea about it. I really want to tell them but I don't really know how to bring it up. They are both dieting so I guess I kind of feel that if I tell them I got the lap band they will think I just took the easy way out. now I know that it's very unlikely that they would feel that way but I'm still nervous about it. I'm thinking about just bringing it up randomly, they always give me a hard time about how little I eat and I always seem to eat lunch with them so I'm afraid that they are going to think I'm anorexic. I don't want that. Also they are both guys and I have only told 3 guys about my surgery and 2 out of the 3 times it was really awkward. They had no idea what it was and I had to explain it to them. I guess I'm kind of just waiting until the timing feels right. I was going to tell one of them tonight but I chickened out!

Other than thinking non stop about that, this week has been really uneventful. I wore a size large sweater today which was really exciting. Some girls at work even said I look really skinny. It's always nice to hear people call you skinny since I never in a million years thought I would hear that! It's definitely cool.

1 comment:

Amy W. said...

You said you have been worrying about it all week...so just think about this...if you tell them...You wont have to worry about it anymore! Bring it up over a meal or whatever...just say you have something to tell them, you havent told many people, explain what it is, that it is HARD work, etc. You will feel much better afterwards.