Thursday, December 25, 2008

Back at work and tired

I've been back at work for a few days now and it's been really rough! I should have asked for more time off after surgery. I can't stomach any of the protein drinks and so I'm not getting enough protein to get me through the day. I'm super tired and nauseous. I get these strange hiccup burps all the time and they are good but when I start to feel them coming it feels like I'm going to throw up not burp. It's really uncomfortable. But other than that the little things are getting better every day! My port incision only hurts when I laugh, lift too much, or sneeze really hard. I can sleep on my side with no problems at all finally! I really just need to be better about drinking enough protein. If anyone has any suggestions for protein shakes let me know! I'm getting desperate! I'm thinking about going and getting slim fast or something!!!

I hope everyone has a great xmas!!! This is unrealated but I'm super excited about this. One of my friends from cali called today and she is spending her xmas super close to where I live now!!!! I can't wait to meet up with her. She was such a great roomate and friend, and every since leaving cali I regret that we don't talk more often. She helped me through so many tough times in cali. I'm super super super excited to see her for the first time in almost 2 years!!!!!

Also I'm going to post some pictures of me at my heaviest this week so you can see my total weight loss.

1 comment:

swish said...

Hi! I'm going through the Lapband process and will be having surgery in Feb or March. You're doing great so far! Maybe you can drink a slimfast or 2 during the day? I drink the milk chocolate flavor and it's really pretty good. If you make it with 8 oz. 1% milk it's only 220 calories but you get about 14 grams of protein. If you use fat free I think it's only about 180 calories. That might give you some more energy. Hope you figure it out soon, those protein shakes ARE nasty! :) Merry Christmas!