Friday, November 13, 2009

My adventrues while I was MIA

So I just realized the other day that I never really fully explained what was going on while I was MIA.

So let's start at the beginning. In September I got really sick again, but this time it was the flu. I just all of a sudden got really nauseous and my band closed up again. I needed to puke so badly and eventually started heaving but couldn't get anything through my band of course so I called my doctor but he was out of town so they told me to go to the ER to get some liquid taken out. I went in and guess what? No one knew how to take liquid out! hahaha So I basically talked them through it. I told them what kind of needle my doctor uses and how he does it. They knew how it worked they just had never had to actually do it so it wasn't like they were completely lost. Well they ended up taking out a full cc because I was really tight. They also gave me some anti nausea medicine which made me feel TONS better! I didn't get another fill for another month and a half, my doctor only put back .5cc's because I didn't want to put in a full cc right away. I think I will get another fill and just put in .25cc's and I should be at my sweet spot hopefully!

So right after getting sick I got to take a trip down to California! I got to spend some time in the bay area and visit some friends I made while I was at Dominican University. I miss them all so much! I made some really great friends that feel more like family. Well anyway it was my first time riding on a plane since getting surgery!!!! and it was amazing! I didn't need a seatbelt extender and I could cross my legs! hahaha it's so funny how the little things can make you so happy! Also after going to the bay area we went down to LA and went to Disneyland. It's amazing to no longer having to worry about fitting on rides and it was amazing! I had such a fun trip and it was great not to worry about slowing anyone down while on vacation! hahaha

Ok so one last thing to talk about. Because I have lost so much weight in my butt I now have really bad tail bone pain. It is REALLY horrible. I can't sit down for more than about 5 minutes at a time(unless I sit on the side of my hip or on my special pillow). And when I go to stand up the pain is so bad that I get light headed. I went and got some x-rays and of course they said they only saw swelling so I needed to get a special pillow and just take some Tylenol. Well that hasn't really helped much. So when I went in for my last fill I asked my doctor how long this pain will last and he told me that he has never seen it go away. He said in some cases it got a little better and the people learned to live with it but in the cases where the pain was really bad people had to get surgery and remove part of the tailbone!!! I'm afraid this might be me. I need to make an appointment with a specialist I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

4 comments:

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Well now part of that sounds fun but the tailbone stuff sucks! Sheesh that sounds awful, like a punishment for losing weight. If it is really bad I would consider the surgery. I wonder where they go in, do an incision right above your crack?? Weird! Let us know how that pans out.

MB said...

I saw something about that on Big Medicine, a Discovery Channel show. A woman had the surgery to fix the tailbone issue and felt much better afterwards. I don't know that they'll need to do that with you, but I hate that nothing is helping you feel better.

Sarah said...

Yeah I will definately keep you updated. I'm really thinking that I'm going to be one of the unlucky ones that need surgery but at least the pain won't be as bad. Senorita did the lady on the show have any strange side effects after surgery? I haven't really looked into it too much yet.

Tiffani said...

OUCHIE about your tailbone! I can't imagine ever losing so much weight that I hurt my bones... that's sorta exciting, i think LOL! :)

I hope you get it all sorted out :)