Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Friends

ok so this year I decided to transfer to another local community college because they had more classes to choose from. It is really strange because since I've started school there I've been close to or at goal so that's all they know. I'm not used to having friends that have no idea that I used to be obese! It is the strangest thing! The other day a big group of us were studying in the library for a test we have comming up and we had snacks and they all started talking about how they don't understand how someone could ever become obesse and that they would never let themselves get that way. I didn't know what to do, I realize they don't understand what we have been through. Being obese wasn't a choice it just happened. yes choices I made led me there but still I didn't conciously think that I wanted to become that way. At first I just kept quiet and listened to them talk but then it started to get to me. I didn't say anything about what they were saying, instead I just said "hey I have a funny picture to show you guys." I showed them a picture of me at my highest and they were shocked!!! It was hillarious!

This got me thinking about how this isn't the first time this is going to happen. How do you bring something like this up. I don't want to have to tell all my friends "hey I used to be 324lbs!" I feel like it shouldn't matter what I look like now or before. It's just a really strange situation.

ok now on a side note. I have this friend and he is gay, well today he was looking at my pictures from halloween and said "you look hot enough to turn me straight!" hahahaha It made me smile.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

my sister does that with her before and after drivers license pictures.

she also posted this on her facebook today:

"An open letter to the dickbags from high school: Dickbags, I was kind but fat. You were mean. I got very hot. You got beer bellies & blow habits. I say this not to gloat but in the hope that you will encourage your posterity: Less suck, more good. - Amanda

P.S. Several of you have taken to hitting on me. Let me say here, now & forever: Nnnnno! That's a bad Dick-bag. Bad!"

i think that says it all!

Mary said...

Im glad to see you back!!! we have missed you!!!! 1ST OF ALL YOU DO LOOOOOK AMAAAAAAAAAZING! SO HOT! I would have stayed quiet for a minute and then finally said something. you know they must have felt a little bad for saying stuff like that, I mean you never know who what you are going to say is going to effect someone. Im glad that you did say something tho. again you LOOK AMAZING and your friend has a reason to want to go back straight LOL!

Sarah said...

Nicole what your sister posted on her facebook is amazing! hahaha I wish I had enough courage to do that. Mary thanks so much!!!! you could tell that they did feel bad and I know they weren't trying to be mean or anything. I actually kind of feel bad for them because they were probably super embarrased.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

You know that's gotta be a hard situation for you and then too sort of. I think you dealt with it and introduced your pic in a hilarious way! I don't know if I would've been that brave or even laughed if I were them.

I can't wait to see how I feel when I'm thin and people meet me and don'tknow about it. That seems odd.